Midweek Tours (Wednesday)
- If you are new to group riding or you need some extra miles during the week, then the Midweek tour is for you. These are friendly, non competitive rides with a "no drop" policy.
- Tours will be posted up to one day prior to the ride, on the LCW calender and under “Upcoming Events”on the front of website, . Routes are decided based on wind direction ie north wind - north tour. Tours will start approximately in early May.
- Start time is 6:00 pm. Riders meet 10 minutes prior start time for sign-in (5:50pm).
- Rides will be led by experienced Group Leaders.
Two Groups to Choose from
- Group B will be for the stronger, intermediate to advanced rider. The moderate effort, tempo ride will help you build your endurance and perfect your group riding skills. Pace - 28-32km/hr average. Distances range from 40 to 75km.
- Group C will be for new group cyclists and slower experienced riders. Develop your fitness and group riding skills. Pace - 23-28km/hr average. Distances range from 35 to 50 km.
- Cyclists who have completed the Road Bike 2 clinic must start in group C before moving to group B.
Three Starting Points (depending on wind direction of that day)
- Location S/G - Storybook Gardens parking lot in Springbank Park situated off Commissioners Rd and North Street.
- Location W/F - Starbucks plaza parking lot at the northeast corner of Wonderland and Fanshaw road.
- Location R/H - Parking lot at corner of Robins Hill Rd and Huron St. (Dancor)
London Centennial Wheelers